вторник, 14 мая 2013 г.

Сертификат провинции для учителя (меня)

The occupation (Teacher) requires certification in the province or territory: Manitoba

Provincial Training Information - Manitoba
The Bachelor of Education degree is a five-year program. The program can be done by completing
a Bachelor's degree prior to two years of education training or by entering directly into a five-year program.


Professional CertificationApplicants Certified in Another Country
It is important to read all the information provided.
Applications can not be submitted online. The application is to be filled in online and then downloaded to a printer. Sign and return completed application with the requested information by mail to the Professional Certification Unit.

Note: It is not necessary to have your teaching experience verified for us to issue a teaching certificate.

Note: Transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution. Originals of other documents may be requested if the photocopies submitted are not acceptable. Documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by an official translation. Help with translations may be available from the Citizenship Council, 2nd Floor, 406 Edmonton Street, Winnipeg Manitoba R3B 2M2.

Note: Eligible applicants residing outside Canada will only be issued a Statement of Eligibility until they provide proof of Canadian Citizenship, a valid work visa or Landed Immigrant Status or employment as a teacher in Manitoba.

Note:Original documents may be requested if the photocopies submitted are not acceptable.

Note:Documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by an official translation. For Manitoba residents some translations may be available from the Citizenship Council, 2nd floor, 406 Edmonton Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 2M2.

Note:Original documents (such as mark statements) cannot be returned by registered mail to an address outside of North America. Please provide a Canadian address where original documents can be mailed by registered mail. Space on the application form is provided for this address.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What certificate do I require in Manitoba?
The basic teaching certificate in Manitoba is the Professional certificate, which entitles the holder to teach any subject, at any grade level (K-12).

Can I apply from outside of Canada?
If you are living outside of Manitoba at the time you apply, you may be issued a Statement of Eligibility if you meet the minimum requirements for certification. This letter states the type of certificate, as well as the salary classification, for which you qualify. This letter allows you to negotiate a contract with a school division or district in Manitoba but is NOT a teaching certificate. Once we receive notification that you are employed in Manitoba a teaching certificate can be issued.

What are the minimum academic requirements for the Permanent Professional certificate?
The minimum requirements for certification are regulated under the Education Administration Act.  The Regulation can be accessed at http://web2.gov.mb.ca/laws/regs/pdf/e010-515.88.pdf
The minimum requirements for a Permanent Professional Certificate in Manitoba are an undergraduate degree beyond the Manitoba Grade 12 standing, plus a two-year Bachelor of Education for a total of five years of post-secondary education or a total of 17 years of schooling.
To be eligible for certification within the Early/Middle Years stream an applicant must have completed a major teachable area of 18 credit hours and a minor teachable area of 12 credit hours and 60 credit hours of education course work. An applicant also requires 9 credit hours of Math and a Physical Science in combination and 6 credit hours of History and/or Geography and 6 credit hours of English or French within the 5 years of post-secondary education.
To be eligible for certification within the Secondary stream an applicant must have completed a major teachable area of 30 credit hours and a minor teachable area of 18 credit hours and 60 credit hours of education course work within the 5 years of post-secondary education.

What are the teachable areas:
Major teachable areas include Art, Biology, Business Education, Chemistry, Computer Science, English, French, Geography, a Heritage, Aboriginal, or World Language, History, Human Ecology, Industrial Arts, Mathematics, Music, Native Studies, Physical Education (Health), Physics and Theatre and Vocational Industrial.
The following can only be considered as teachable minors: Anthropology, Classics, Dance, Developmental Studies, Earth Science, Economics, Environmental Studies, Law, Philosophy, Sociology, Political Science, Psychology.

Is my certificate permanent or provisional?
If you are a Canadian citizen, or a permanent resident as defined in the Immigration Act ( Canada), and you meet all of the minimum requirements for certification in Manitoba, you would be eligible to receive a permanent certificate.
If you do not meet the requirements for permanent certification and receive a provisional certificate, you are required to complete additional course work within a specified period of time in order to be eligible for the permanent certificate.
If you hold a work visa, and you meet all of the minimum requirements for certification in Manitoba, you are eligible to receive a provisional certificate valid until your work visa expires. You would be required to present another valid work visa in order to apply for an extension to your certificate. You must meet the requirements for Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant Status in order to be eligible for a permanent certificate.
A provisional professional certificate may be issued where a person holds:
  • a degree, diploma or certificate recognized by the jurisdiction in which it was completed and
  • has at least 120 credit hours of recognized coursework in a degree program that includes all of the teachable areas, and
  • a minimum of 30 credit hours of professional course work,
  • including student teaching.

What is a provisional certificate?
A provisional certificate is issued for a period of three years. An individual must complete the requirements for permanent certification as outlined at the time that the provisional certificate is issued. Applications for an extension to a provisional certificate may be made at the end of the three year period. Only one three-year extension can be granted. No salary penalties result from provisional certification.

How is my salary determined?
In Manitoba, there are seven levels of salary classification. In general, each classification represents a year of university studies beyond Manitoba Grade 12 or its equivalent. However, there are some restrictions on the type of studies accepted for classification. For example, to be considered for salary classification, courses must be taken within a degree program and the degree must be conferred. In other words, 5 courses taken at various universities, and in different programs, would not be credited towards your salary classification. For more information, please contact the Professional Certification Unit.

Is my teaching experience outside Manitoba recognized?
In general, experience gained in a public school system while holding a valid teaching certificate in that jurisdiction is recognized in Manitoba.
To have experience recognized, the employing authority where you taught must complete the form entitled, “Verification of Teaching Experience”. A letter stating the start and termination date, the number of full days taught in each school year, as well as a statement as to whether you were full or part time, would also be acceptable.
Note: Experience reported on the claim form but not supported by an employer verification containing all the required information will NOT be credited or considered in the evaluation.

Where can I get employment?
There is no central employment agency in Manitoba for teachers. You must negotiate directly with the school division or district, private school or other employing authority. View the list of employing authorities, as well as maps of their locations within the province.

To evaluate your credentials for a Manitoba teaching certificate, the following documents are required: 

These documents are collected to determine your eligibility for certification in Manitoba and your salary classification. The evaluation will not take place until all the documents have been submitted. Please note that the onus is on you to submit all required documents.
1.     A completed Application Form. The form can be filled in on line but must be printed off and submitted with the necessary documents to conduct the evaluation.
2.     A completed Teaching Experience Checklist.
3.     A Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening. (This is completed by your local Law Enforcement Agency and must include a Vulnerable Sector Screening. You must submit an original document and it must be less than 3 months old).
4.     Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant Status (This can be a photocopy of a Canadian passport or Permanent Resident Card) or Photocopy of a valid work visa (if applicable)
5.     Photocopy of a Birth Certificate.
6.     Photocopy of the official document showing a change of name (if applicable)
(This can be a marriage certificate or official name change document or divorce decree).
7.     Evaluation and certification fee of $80.00 (non-refundable). Payment can be made by cheque or money order payable to the Minister of Finance or by credit card by filling out the Credit Card Service request form. (All cheques made payable to the Minister of Finance that are dishonoured by the applicant’s financial institution will be assessed a charge-back fee of $20.00.)
8.     If your secondary school was completed outside of North America, a verified photocopy of your final secondary school certificate or diploma.
9.     Official transcripts - These are mark statements that are sent directly from the university or universities where you completed your studies, including your teacher training. This document should include a list of the courses completed, the grades assigned and the number of hours in each subject and the degree conferred. This statement must also indicate the language in which you studied for that degree. Student copies or unofficial transcripts are not accepted. Failure to have these documents sent directly from the university will seriously delay the evaluation of your credentials as Professional Certification will then be obliged to contact your university directly for verification of your unofficial documents. Some institutions require that students pay a fee for this service. This is your responsibility.
10.   Verification of Experience.  (To be completed and returned by your employers).
11.   Statement of Standing(This statement may be issued by a Ministry of Education or Civil Service Commission and must confirm that you are eligible to teach in the public school system in the jurisdiction where you received your teacher training. It must also verify that your certificate has not been revoked or cancelledA copy of the teaching credential or card issued in the country in which a teaching certificate was held should be included).
12.   Send all documents to: Professional Certification Unit   402 Main Street, P.O. Box 700    Russell MB R0J 1W0